Writer’s block is REAL!
I have had the video, recipe and photos for this Cookies & Cream Sukseh ready for over two weeks and every time I sit down to write, I’m just stuck! I really want to share this yumminess with you though because it is too good to keep to myself, so I’m just going to say it like it is. 🙂
This is one dessert recipe you need to try ASAP! It is a twist on the ever popular, Sukseh (a.k.a Lazy Cake) and is just as addictive, delicious and simple to make as the original. It’s a no bake delight with all the goodness of Sukseh AND Cookies & Cream wrapped into one.
Who wouldn’t love that?!?
You really only need three ingredients to make this delicious Cookies & Cream Sukseh, but I do have a few simple additions that I feel elevate the dessert to the next level. Since it is already a simple enough recipe, it is worth adding the few extra ingredients which won’t add any extra steps.
This Sukseh is simple and quick, yet slightly different than what you would think of when lazy cake comes to mind, making it my new go-to when expecting guests or when I want to take something yummy to a friends home.
Sweetened condensed milk and melted white chocolate make up the base and to balance the sweetness, I like to add a bit of sea salt, vanilla and mascarpone cheese. I then gently fold in crushed chocolate wafers, roll it all up and freeze. Once the Sukseh takes its shape, just slice and serve and watch everyones delight when they take their first bite.
I use (and highly recommend) plain chocolate wafers for this because I love the way it balances the flavors without the final Sukseh being overly sweet. That being said, Oreos can be substituted, just note that the cream filling will add more sweetness to the overall dish. If going the Oreo route, I would recommend using Oreo thins since they have more of a similar structure to the prefered chocolate wafers.
- 1 14-oz can Sweetened Condensed milk
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Mascarpone Cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 9-oz packages Famous Chocolate Wafers, crushed
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, melted chocolate, butter, mascarpone cheese (if using), vanilla and salt until combined.
- Gently fold in the crushed chocolate wafers. Over mixing will cause the crumbs to make the base dark and it won't have the Cookies & Cream affect we are going for.
- Cut two 14-inch long sheets of parchment paper and divide the batter between them. Using the parchment paper, form a 10x2 inch log and wrap tightly.
- Freeze until log has set, about 1-2 hours.
- Slice into 1/2-inch slices and enjoy!
- You will get about 40 1/2-inch slices using the above directions for forming the cake.
- You can also use a pie pan, loaf pan or any pan you like to form the dessert, just line it with plastic wrap, parchment or wax paper, press the batter in and freeze until set.