These, these, these!!
They’re so simple I almost feel like it can’t be called a recipe, BUT they are so yummy and impressive that I can’t deny them that honor.
I’ve been obsessed with dried figs lately. I’ve baked with them, served them on cheese platters, thrown them into fruit salads, but mainly, snacked on them as candy, they are that good. Basically, they shine, whatever you decide to do to them. My husband and I have tried a few different kinds of the chocolate covered figs available, and they are always so addictive! I thought I’d try my hand at my own (chocolate dipping is one of my favorite pastimes) and I can’t say enough how easy they were to make. I kept some of the fig exposed, the way I make my chocolate covered dates, which makes it so much easier than dipping the whole thing and is still so beautiful.
Stuffing these was not an option for me. I wanted to add some crunch as well as a touch of saltiness, which was why I went with salted Marcona almonds. You can use any nut you like and they will be delicious, but I will say that the creaminess of the Marcona perfectly complemented the figs.
These are perfect to make for parties, as a gift, or just to have on hand for when you want something sweet without the guilt. They are ready in under 30 minutes, and store well as a make ahead treat. Use your chocolate of choice and top with some salt if you like for a delicious flavor contrast!
Oh, and in case you didn’t notice (;)), I made a little video. Hope you enjoy!
- 12 Dried Figs
- 12-15 Marcona Almonds, or nut of choice
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips of your choice
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Slit the figs lengthwise to open.
- Stuff with 1 or 2 almonds depending on the size of the fig.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring occasionally or a top a double boiler. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the figs in the chocolate and set on a parchment paper covered plate.
- Sprinkle with a touch of sea salt.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes until set and enjoy!